After confirmations of CBRN Commanders from France, Germany, Austria and the Slovak Republic to speak at the NCT CBRNe Europe 2016 live exercise and conference, taking place in Amsterdam from February 23-25, 2016, another leading international CBRN Command confirms its attendance.
No one less than Brig. Gen. William E. King IV, Commander of the U.S. Army’s 20th CBRNE Command, confirmed to speak during the Opening Plenary of Europe’s #1 CBRNe Defense event. NCT CBRNe Europe 2016 will thus be THE opportunity next year to meet General King and his delegation in person without having to cross the Atlantic.
General King assumed command of the 20th CBRNE Command on May 20, 2015. As the commander of the U.S. Army’s and Department of Defense sole CBRNE organization, he is responsible for the manning, equipping, and training of more than 5,300 Soldiers and civilians assigned across two Explosive Ordnance Disposal Groups, one Chemical Brigade, and a CBRNE Analytical and Remediation Activity.
General King joins a very distinguished speaker panel of CBRNe defense experts and decision-makers in Europe such as:
- Colonel Henry Neumann, Commander, Bundeswehr JCBRND Command, Germany
- Colonel Jean Christophe Le Roux, Commander, Centre Inter-Armées de défense NRBC, France
- Colonel Friedrich Aflenzer, Force Development Division, Federal Ministry of Defense and Sports, Austria
- Lt. Col. Oliver Toderiska, Commander, CBRN Battalion of the Slovak Armed Forces
- Commander John G. Refsnes, Royal Norwegian Navy
However, the conference will not only discuss matters of CBRNe defense, but also civilian topics such as lessons learned from the Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak as well as approaches to protect Critical Infrastructure against CBRNe threats.